Ticks-Off directions for Horses & Livestock
Do NOT apply to the saddle or cinch area.
FOR BEST RESULTS – Ticks-Off is most effective on a recently rinsed/washed horse to keep them sleek and Too Slick for Ticks. Rinse (or bathe) areas on horse that may come into contact with ticks. For manes and tails: shampoo, use a conditioner, and be sure to rinse thoroughly. ** Using Ticks-Off will help to keep your horses coat/mane/tail cleaner longer! **
Shake Well!! When mixing concentrate – mix EXACTLY as directed.
** If not freshly bathed, then brush any loose dirt off prior to application. Best to hose off legs as often as needed to keep clean. **
- Can be used on wet or dry coat. *For best results – you may need to clip/shave fetlocks*
- Spray a heavy mist of Ticks-Off on your horse’s legs, mane, and tail until hair is damp.
- Brush or hand stroke in direction of hair to blend in evenly and let dry for about 10 minutes. ** Use HandsOn Gloves for best results. **
- Then brush or hand rub coat to blend thoroughly, brushing out any tangles from mane and tail.
- Liberally apply to all areas that will come in contact with grasses, brush or trees, most importantly legs and tails.
- Re-apply more as needed and when headed out for a ride.
- For Bot fly eggs spray a heavy mist onto problem area locations. Follow above directions.
- For stickers, burs, or tangles apply Ticks-off directly to affected area and wait 5-10 minutes, then gently work out with your fingers or a comb.
- Static electricity: for tail static spray on tail and back legs. For blanket static liberally spray horse prior to putting on winter blanket (Do NOT apply to saddle area) to avoid shocking your horse with static electricity.
When needed ~ apply more often ~ apply heavier applications ~ and remember, for best results use on a clean animal.
Effective immediately and may last for nearly a week! Safe to use daily.
For Face: spray on a soft rag or a soft (face) brush and then apply to face. Do not spray on face.
Re-rinse legs and re-wash (and condition) tails as needed to keep them feeling sleek and slick. For optimal results tails need to always be clean and free of all tangles. Avoid getting flyspray or other products on manes or tails.
Re-apply prior to heading out for a trail ride or into any area where ticks may be lurking. ** The cleaner and softer the coat, the better the results. Pets with coarse hair may need heavier and/or more frequent applications.**
Keep a bottle of Ticks-Off spray on hand in your saddle bag and trailer to make sure your horse is always prepared for all trial conditions, such as water crossings.
- Oil-Free. Leaves no residue. Quick drying.
- Use on wet or dry coat.
- Free of negative side effects.
- Use to easily remove stickers and tangles.
- Deflects Bot Fly eggs from attaching to livestock.
- Deters dirt and creates a coat that will look and feel better than ever!
- Grooming time will be cut by up to 80%.
- Ticks-Off natural lavender scent is pleasant and calming, and it deflects ticks!
Disclaimer: Ticks-Off, nor any third party associated with, related to, or linked to their businesses or websites, expressly disclaims any responsibility for, and makes no representations or warranties regarding, any statement, information, materials, or content found on or included in Ticks-Off’s marketing materials/websites, or any third party marketing materials/websites related to, associated with or linked to Ticks-Off’s business or website. Ticks-Off’s website and blogs are not intended to diagnose or treat any health conditions. They are meant solely for informational purposes. Please seek veterinary advice for any health concerns or problematic conditions. These statements have not yet been approved by the FDA.